Learn how you can participate on Mobile Vaani
Mobile Vaani social campaigns are active discussions where the community members are engaged to contribute their views about various issues, and our team helps coordinate these discussions into manageable threads. We have found that this is a much better way of information dissemination and call-to-action, than simple broadcast of information on radio or television. Read the detailed reports below for examples of various campaigns we have done so far, and this short note summarizing the main talking points of gender based campaigns done on Mobile Vaani.
- Campaign on the women reservations bill, in partnership with Oxfam, Feb 2014
- Campaign on violence against women, in partnership with Oxfam, Dec 2013
- Campaign on land rights for women, in partnership with Oxfam, Oct 2013
- Campaign to discuss income inequality, in partnership with Oxfam, Oct 2013
- Campaign against early marriage, in partnership with Breakthrough, Sep 2013
- Campaign for free medicines, in partnership with Oxfam India, Aug 2013
- Campaign to collect feedback on higher education, in partnership with Oursay, May 2013
- Campaign to review health facilities in Jharkhand, supported by Grants Canada, April to June 2013
- Campaign on gender equality, to close the gap, with Oxfam India and Oursay, March 2013
- Campaign on rural-urban migration, February 2013
- Galli Galli Sim Sim feature with Sesame Workshop, January 2013
- Water conservation campaign, December 2012
- AIDS campaign, November 2012
- Para teachers’ strike, October 2012
Examples of questions other people have asked:
- What water conservation projects are happening in your village? Are they functional?
- Was your Aadhar transaction to get MNREGA wages perfectly smooth?
- What stigma do AIDS/HIV patients in villages experience? Hear from the people themselves
- What would be your response to the para-teachers strike in Jharkhand in Aug 2013?
Read more about current activities on Mobile Vaani here
Read how Jharkhand Mobile Vaani works